Yale is one of the world’s great research universities. Clinically, it is the largest referral center in southern New England, providing advanced care in more than 100 specialties. Close partnership between Yale School of Medicine (YSM) and Yale-New Haven Hospital (YNHH) has made it possible to develop nationally visible centers of excellence in such fields as infectious disease, pulmonary medicine, psychiatry and mental health disorders, cancer, cardiovascular medicine, pediatric disease and disorders, diabetes, and others. YNHH has 1,540 beds and is the nation’s ninth largest hospital. Its parent organization (Yale New Haven Health System) is affiliated with >3,000 community physicians throughout the state, allowing clinical researchers to draw upon a large, diverse population of patients with a significant percentage of underrepresented minorities.
With a strategic vision aimed at strengthening and expanding clinical and translational research at YSM, the Yale Center for Clinical Investigation (YCCI) was created in 2005 with support from the highest levels of Yale University, Yale Medicine, and the Yale New Haven Health System. One year later, YCCI became the home of the Yale Clinical & Translational Science Award (CTSA). Yale has grown its industry clinical trials portfolio more than 900%, last year enrolling more than 27,000 participants in studies with more than 30% accrual from historically underrepresented populations. We have structured the clinical research enterprise with a focus on safety for our research participants, speed of activation, efficiency, quality, training, and flexibility, all integrated into a one stop model to enable access to the most innovative clinical trials for our patients.
Why Choose Us?
- Access to world class research
- Internationally acclaimed faculty
- Access to cutting-edge research services
- Centralized clinical trials infrastructure
- Comprehensive enterprise-wide risk-based quality assurance program
- COVID19 IRB panel with meetings 7 days per week to expedite approvals
- Dedicated clinical trials contracting team
- Multiple dedicated clinical research facilities, including a phase 1 unit, inpatient, and outpatient facilities.
- Trancelerate-approved GCP trained staff
- Dedicated Research Pharmacy (Investigation Drug Service)
- Remote access to monitor EHR source data from anywhere in the US
- EHR enable-cohort identification and direct to patient recruitment tools
- The Yale Cultural Ambassadors program, a unique partnership with the 17 AME Zion Churches in Connecticut and Junta for Progressive Action, which has enabled Yale to lead most centers nationally in the recruitment and retention of diverse populations